这辣吗tomato risotto with burrata cheese不是your regular risotto. Subtlyspiced up with harissa它充满了多汁和花香的味道，还有一点辛辣的味道。与新鲜的卷饼、罗勒叶一起食用，马上享用这道奶油番茄烩饭。
Risotto always have your back. Whenever you’re looking for a cozy dinner idea, a little fancy but still easy to make, risotto comes handy. With just a handful of basic ingredients, you can prepare a simple yet delicious creamy risotto as a unique meatless meal for the entire family.
Secret ingredients of this tomato risotto:
- Arborio rice.Of course, no risotto goes without risotto rice. Look for short-grain, starchy white rice. Arborio is my favorite choice, but you can also use other varieties such as Carnaroli, Vialone, Nano and Baldo. Short-grain rice has a high starch content and tends to absorb less liquid, resulting in a stickier, more compact risotto.
- 大蒜。Don’t skip it, garlic will enhance the tomato broth flavors. Sauté just a few seconds with olive oil to release its flavors.
- White wine.It always makes the whole difference in a risotto recipe. And while some could bee tempted to replace it with vegetable broth or water, I would advise otherwise.
- Harissa.This is the little extra to the risotto recipe. Originated from North Africa, harissa is a hot chili paste that adds a spicy kick to your dishes. I recommend using a harissa spice mix, then activate with just a little bit of olive oil in order to create the “paste”.
- 新鲜的伯拉塔。I’m literally obsessed with everything burrata. Made from an outer shell of mozzarella and filled with fresh cream and curds, this cheese balances the spicy flavors brought by the harissa paste and brings extra creaminess to the risotto.
- 新鲜罗勒。Fresh herbs always enhance the tomato flavors in the most elegant way. Fresh basil works a wonder in this risotto, but you could also add some thyme.
A 2-step risotto recipe
Step 1: prepare the broth.Do not purchase a ready-to-use vegetable broth for this recipe; go instead for this homemade tomato broth, that won’t take you long to prepare. Simply sauté minced garlic with olive oil, add the other ingredients for the broth and bring to boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and keep it warm during the entire process of making the risotto.
Step 2: make the risotto.过程完全就像你会做一个经典的意大利烩饭食谱，除了，而不是使用蔬菜汤，你是用自制番茄汤。Important: Do not forget to strain the tomato brothover the risotto through a fine mesh strainer; you do not want to include the veggies in the risotto, just the broth.
The secret to a perfectly creamy risotto.
Time and patience are your best friends, always, when making a risotto. While we could be tempted to rush things a little and add all the broth at once, this is not recommended. The secret of a perfectly creamy risotto consists in using hot stock (warmed up on a separate saucepan) and add it to the rice one ladleful at a time, cooking on medium heat and stirring constantly until stock is completely absorbed before adding another ladleful of stock. Repeat this until all the stock has been used, the rice no longer has a chalky core and the risotto is thick and glossy.
Possible variations around the recipe
Depending on the season, you can be tempted to add a few adjustments to the recipe. You can either serve it plain, or upgrade it with a few ingredients. Here are just a few suggestions:
- 加一把樱桃番茄。为了给意大利烩饭增添更多的质感，你可以炒一下é 樱桃西红柿加一点橄榄油和大蒜直到它爆裂。在上桌前把它们加到意大利饭里。
- 加些蘑菇。Proceed exactly as explained above, and simply replace cherry tomatoes with cremini mushrooms. Or do half cherry tomatoes, half mushrooms.
- You could also use this risotto as a side for a main dish.For Mediterranean flavors that are NOT vegetarian, you could for instance serve this tomato risotto with garlicky shrimps or with sea scallops.
Whatever the option, always make sure you add some freshly grated parmesan over your risotto, as well as some fresh basil. Serve along with a glass of white wine and enjoy!
Favorite recipes with harissa:
这辣吗tomato risotto with burrata cheese is not your regular risotto. Subtly spiced up with harissa, it is packed with juicy and garlicky flavors with a little spicy kick.
- 2 cups(400g) arborio rice (short-grain rice)
- 1汤匙olive oil
- 1葱或½red onion, minced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- ½cup(120ml) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon哈里萨paste*
For the tomato-harissa broth:
- 128-ounce can (800克) crushed tomatoes
- 1汤匙olive oil
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon哈里萨paste*
- 1handful basil leaves or a sprig of basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2fresh burrata balls (8盎司/225克), torn apart
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Start with the tomato harissa broth: heat olive oil in a large saucepan placed over medium heat and once hot, sauté the garlic for a minute or so. Add the harissa paste, stir, then add all the other ingredients for the broth. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. When ready, reduce heat to minimum to keep it warm while using in the risotto.
- In a separate pot with a heavy bottom or large saucepan, heat one Tablespoon of olive oil, then gently sauté the shallots until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- 添加国际扶轮sotto rice, and cook for a few seconds to one minute, until the rice is glistening.
- Deglaze with white wine, stirring constantly until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of hot broth at a time, by straining it through a fine mesh strainer (sieve), and gently stir with a wooden spoon until liquid is absorbed. Repeat, one ladle at a time, until all the broth has been used, about 20-25 minutes, making sure the broth remains warm. The rice should no longer have a chalky core and the risotto should be thick and glossy.
- Serve with fresh burrata, torn apart other the plates, add freshly grated parmesan on top and fresh basil leaves. Adjust seasoning with freshly ground pepper, and enjoy!
Recipe variation:you can also add a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes (about 10 to 20 cherry tomatoes) and/or some chopped mushrooms to your risotto in order to add more texture to it. To do so, heat some olive oil in a sauté pan, then sauté 1 clove of garlic, minced, for a minute or so. Add the veggies and sauté for a few more minutes or until cherry tomatoes are about to burst. Reserve, then add to the risotto just before serving.
*For homemade harissa paste, combine 1 teaspoon harissa seasoning mix with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Stir well, then add to the recipe.