Mexican cuisine meet Thai cuisine today,and the result is a beautiful fusion recipe: thai salmon tacos with mango-avocado salsa – already a favorite of mine!!
I created this fusion recipe a couple of months ago as I was invited to shoot a video tutorial for a Mexican food company.I met the team the previous day,and we decided to give it a try: me the 万博万博电竞Frenchie living in Chicago,trying a Mexican recipe in their kitchen studio. Exciting challenge!!
回到家里，I searched for the perfect recipe,which had to involve some cheese.Of course I could have picked a random Mexican recipe but it would have been pointless.Obviously I am not Mexican,and I'd better bring my own twist based upon my multicultural cooking experience instead of copying an existing recipe that every Mexican would master.Let's bring something new instead,a fusion recipe that would amaze everyone taste buds,hopefully!!
It didn't take me long to whip up the recipe.I just found of a bunch of ingredients I loved and figured out how to put them together: salmon,sweet chili sauce (yes I know,it is not a new thing as you can see with myThai sweet chili salmon with cashews– I love salmon and a sweet chili sauce together!),lime,新鲜芫荽叶，and a delicate sweet touch brought by the mango-avocado salsa.Just thinking of the recipe,I knew I would love it myself,which was already a good sign,我对菜谱很有信心。
我在戴维的晚餐上试过，他也很喜欢——当他尝试我的新菜谱时，he usually says that he always loves my cooking anyway,before adding something like"but maybe you should use this""or"it would have been better with that""or even"this ingredient doesn't bring anything interesting to the dish"".所以如果他什么都不说，一分钟内吃完这道菜（而我总是吃得很慢，enjoying fully each bite I take),then I don't need to worry about the recipe,it works!I always ask him to be critic anyway,以防万一，他以前只是饿着吃晚饭。We both love Mexican food,and we absolutely loved the recipe and made it several times since.
The following morning,I woke up early and went to the kitchen studio shooting the recipe.在那里我遇到善良的人,所有人都热衷于烹饪，并与我分享他们掌握墨西哥美食的最佳秘诀。现在我只想去墨西哥！But let's go back to the shooting in the kitchen studio.I had made video tutorials before (牛奶和饼干杯,,cinnamon star bread,,morning routine,,chocolate 万博万博电竞French toast roll-ups…) but each time,I was in front of the camera explaining the recipe step by step.This time,I was filmed from the above (a very common technique nowadays),在某种程度上，我们只能看到我的手在做食谱。Whereas we often appear nervous when in front of a camera,从上面展示手的技巧只会让我们变得非常容易，并且帮助我们集中精力只看基本的：配方。I felt at ease immediately.
Good news,my"jury"and everyone in the studio liked my recipe (although one of them didn't like salmon in general,so I guess I was very lucky on this part)!It was still very early in the morning,and I suddenly realized I didn't mind having it for breakfast at all,it actually works pretty well and you've got everything you need to kick off your day: proteins,carbs,vitamins brought by the fresh salsa… For just a moment,it brought me back to Bangkok,what a fantastic exotic feeling!!
I now hope you will like the recipe as well.If like me you like fusion food and sweet and savory in particular,you will be in paradise. I served my tacos with corn tortillas,but four tortillas would also work well,it's completely up to you.Oh,and if you make them for a Mexican dinner,别忘了做一个homemade guacamoleas well,it is super easy and it tastes amazing.
- 3 Tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper,to taste
- 2 Salmon fillets (about 150g/5.5 lb each)
- ½ small red onion,finely chopped
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 avocados,diced
- 1 cup (150g) mango,diced
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- In a small bowl,prepare the marinade: combine together the sweet chili sauce,olive oil,lime juice,honey,garlic and minced chili.Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon into a large ziploc bag and add the marinade.Close bag and massage seasonings into the salmon.Place in the refrigerator and let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the salsa: in a medium bowl combine the red onion,新鲜芫荽叶，fresh lime juice,diced avocados and mangoes.Place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C).
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and transfer to a shallow dish,pouring the marinade over.Bake for 12-15 minutes.把鲑鱼切成块。
- Grill tortillas for 10-20 seconds each side in a grid or a sauté pan.
- Divide the salmon equally into the tortillas,add the mango-avocado salsa.Garnish with extra cilantro if desired,and top with sour cream.