The best chocolate pots de crème I ever had.I call them ‘Death by chocolate'.A must try!!
I just finished the shooting of these chocolate pots de crème.I couldn't wait any longer,I grabbed the last jar and ate it all in once.Seriously,I'm like a little girl in front of these beauties each time I make them and it feels good.This is death by chocolate,I tell you!!
Sometimes simplicity is best.And here you have the perfect dessert to serve if you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen but still want to get a Wow effect from your guests.Especially if you're craving for chocolate at the moment!!
Simple ingredients (choose them carefully with paying attention to the quality,especially of the chocolate),a saucepan,a wooden spatula and some love are all you need to obtain a very creamy chocolate consistency.
So what's the secret of these beauties then?By baking them in the oven in a water bath,you obtain a delicate and very creamy consistency,almost half baked on the top (almost like a chocolate cake) while the inside is extremly creamy.A lovely twist that makes the perfect 万博万博电竞French chocolate pots de crème!!
Because you will only need yolks for this recipe,you can bake some meringues with the remaining egg whites and serve them with the chocolate pots de crème.Or you can bake some delicious万博万博电竞French madeleinesto create a 100% 万博万博电竞French dessert (personally,I would go for this option).
You have 10 minutes in front of you?Don't wait for the perfect occasion.Jump into your kitchen,grab a saucepan,some chocolate and go for this recipe.You will feel much better afterwards (because yes,it's torture to show you these virtual pictures)!!
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate with 70% cacao
- 2 cups (480 ml) liquid cream
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup (120 g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Put the chocolate in a very warm bowl.In a small heavy saucepan,heat the cream on medium heat until it starts boiling.Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and stir until melted.
- In another bowl,whisk the eggs and suggar until pale and fluffy.Pour about one third of the chocolate sauce into the egg yolks mixture and mix well.Stir in the remaining chocolate sauce and add in the vanilla beans.
- Divide the chocolate cream into 6 ramekins.Place them onto a baking tray and pour enough water into the dish to cover almost half of the ramekins.
- Bake halfway into a preheated oven at 325 F for about 20-25 minutes (the top must still be slightly gelatinous).Remove the ramekins from the baking tray and transfer onto a rack to cool completely.Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour until the ramekins are cold.