这12个baby-approved素食食谱是健康的,nutritious, and perfect for the whole family. Whether you’re following a baby-led weaning approach or simply want to educate your little one to eat like grown-ups as early as possible, these recipes will spare you some precious time in the kitchen. Read under each one for possible tweaks to the original recipe, possible food allergens to take into account, and serving suggestions so baby can eat by himself (or almost).
Baby food is boring! Or let me rephrase: baby too, can have fun meals. I’m a firm advocate of the idea that “baby food” should not exist, or at least not in the way it does. So when I got asked many times if I could create some baby recipes, my answer was no. Always. I’m not an expert at baby nutrition and I do not intend to be. The main purpose of this site is and will remain the same: create some nutritious meals for the whole family.
How to feed my baby?
Based on my recent experience as a mom of a 9-month-old baby, the question of how to feed my baby came to the table anyway. How to feed an almost toothless baby? (Baby Lucie’s first teeth just pointed out last week). Should I follow a baby-led weaning approach? Or should I feed my baby with basic purees?
Eventually I purchased a couple of cookbooks for babies, made tons of research on the web, and ended up following my instinct. Of course, this implies that you make some basic research beforehand (baby nutrition, food allergies, chocking hazards, etc.). On that matter, you can check these8 foods to avoid feeding your baby。With all that in mind, 3 things came to my mind about feeding my baby:
- Do not overthink, trust your instinct as a mom.Generally speaking, I realized that when I was feeling unsecure with the idea of giving let’s say a chunk of banana to my baby, it meant I was not ready for it and baby probably wouldn’t either. Give yourself some time, observe how your baby eats and swallows day after day, and soon enough you will find yourself giving bigger chunks with confidence.
- Educate your little ones to eat everything and hence discover the taste of each ingredient separately.This can be basic single-ingredient purees or soft vegetable sticks if you follow a baby-led weaning approach.
- Help them to eat like adults as early as possible in life。
Baby-approved veggie recipes are simple recipes you can find on the blog, that are also perfect for our little ones from 6+ months. And the best part: They’re adult-friendly too! Here’s what you can expect:
- Healthy and nutritious食谱，准备wholesome ingredients。
- 只有真正的食物(no processed food, no dyes, no preservatives, no chemicals).
- Sugar-freebreakfast and dessert ideas.
- 易于处理for your little ones so they can eat by themselves.
- Soft textures and foods that are easy to chew/swallow.
- 完美的LED断奶方法or to introduce solid foods to your little ones.
- Suggestions to tweak the original recipes and make them baby-friendly.
Savory baby-approved recipes
1. Healthy Spinach Pancakes
健康菠菜煎饼。Made right in the blender, these green pancakes come in handy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just play with the toppings to make them more adult or baby/toddler friendly.
- What’s in there?婴儿菠菜，鹰嘴豆粉，鸡蛋，燕麦牛奶。
- Why we love them?They’re perfect for picky eaters who don’t want to eat their greens. Also, their soft and fluffy texture makes them safe for baby to swallow.
- Serving suggestions:Cut them into stripes so your little one can hold them. They’re delicious dipped in plain yogurt but also served with blueberries.
2. Red Lentil Patties
Red Lentil Patties.These patties are nutrition in a nutshell. Bursting with earthy flavors, oozing with plant-based protein, they’re definitely a crowd-pleaser. Both kids and adults will LOVE them.
- What’s in there?红扁豆，胡萝卜，洋葱，卷燕麦。您可以使用或不使用Cilantro制作它们（例如，您可以用菠菜替换）。
- Serving suggestions.我喜欢将它们塑造成小馅饼，以适应婴儿的手。您可以跳过酱汁或用简单的酸奶酱更换。
3. Grandma’s Nourishing Lentil Soup
Grandma’s Nourishing Lentil Soup.只用5种成分准备，这种汤用朴实的口味包装，让您从内部温暖。
- What’s in there?Green lentils, chickpeas, sweet potato, butternut squash.
- Why we love it?这种汤非常填充，并提供其植物蛋白，纤维和维生素的份额。它为您的小孩子和自己提供了完美的膳食（只需为成年版添加一些面包和奶酪）。
- Serving suggestion.There is none, the soup will easily adapt to babies, toddlers and grown-ups. You can adjust the consistency to your liking, making it thicker or thinner.
- What’s in there?Beets, quinoa, ricotta, breadcrumbs (or rolled oats), onions.
- Why we love them?它们很漂亮，营养，非常好吃，非常冻结。哦，我们喜欢将迷你汉堡拿出来，为婴儿成人汉堡派对！
- Serving suggestion.Like for the other patties recipes, I love to shape them into mini patties for a baby version so that your little ones can eat them by themselves.
Red Lentil Stew.It’s a perfect quick, easy, dal recipe for cozy evenings. Packed with comforting, earthy flavors, it’s nutritious and naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- What’s in there?红扁豆，西红柿，洋葱，婴儿菠菜。
- Baby version.Chop spinach to make it easier for baby to swallow.
- Why we love it?It’s such a simple, comforting dish! It’s perfect to feed the whole family and it’s totally baby-approved too.
- Serving suggestion.SKIP THE PINE NUTS (pine nuts) for serving, to avoid chocking hazards.
6. Vegetarian Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
素食扁豆牧羊人的馅饼。This comforting family dish is a crowd-pleaser. Rich, earthy and packed with flavors, it’s always a hit!
- What’s in there?扁豆，胡萝卜，洋葱，芹菜秸秆和调味料。
- Baby version.Replace red wine for the sauce with balsamic vinegar to make it baby-friendly. You can use either green lentils or black beluga lentils.
- Why we love it?Lentils are iron and fiber-rich, which is perfect for babies. And who doesn’t like mashed potatoes? The dish also freezes easily in portions.
Sweet Potato Veggie Patties.Baby Lucie is literally obsessed with sweet potatoes since day 1 she started on solid food. These patties are filling, extremely nutritious, and also delicious wrapped into two burger buns (mostly for an adult version as they are already very filling on their own).
- What’s in there?Sweet potatoes, red lentils, chickpea flour, onions, breadcrumbs.
- Why we love them?They’re packed with earthy flavors, they’re easy to shape into mini burgers for a baby version and they freeze well.
- Serving suggestion.Shape them into mini patties and dip into mashed avocado.
Sweet baby-approved recipes (no sugar)
8. Easy Oatmeal Recipe
Easy Oatmeal Recipe.This is probably the “sweet” recipe we make the most for baby Lucie, and for us too! Almost every morning she has her bowl of oatmeal, with various toppings depending on the mood and what we have at hand.
- What’s in there?Rolled oats, vegetable milk and/or water. For a thicker version, you can add plain yogurt too.
- Baby version.燕麦粥从5个月以上，为非常小的婴儿提供一餐。为此，您可以将它们脉动在食品加工机中，直到精细地。当婴儿年龄较大时，你可以直接使用卷燕麦。
- Possible topping variations.I love to add homemade unsweetened applesauce, pureed pears, blueberries, mashed or slice bananas, etc. You can also add a Tablespoon of ground flaxseed, chia seeds, or if baby has passed the allergen test of nuts, a spoonful of nut butter of your choice.
- Why we love it?这可能是最可定制的配方。
- Serving suggestion.In a bowl; just make sure it is not too hot when serving it to baby.
9. Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Bread
Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Bread.Essentially prepared with fruits and wholesome ingredients, this recipe is a winner that both babies and adult will love.
- What’s in there?苹果，苹果，苹果。好吧，几乎。和全麦面粉也是如此。
- Baby version.Replace the amount of sugar with the same amount of unsweetened applesauce (½ cup / 100g). Also,SKIP the honey entirely对于12个月以下的婴儿。
- What we love about it:面包几乎完全由苹果和不加糖的苹果酱完全甜蜜。面包也是超级潮湿的，这很容易吞咽。
- Serving suggestion:Cut each slice into stripes so baby can hold them himself.
10. Banana Pancakes
Banana Pancakes.Babies love bananas, and so do we! So why not make these fluffy banana pancakes for breakfast from time to time? They make an easy first baby food when you make the switch from purees to solids.
- What’s in there?香蕉，面粉（使用全麦面粉），鸡蛋，牛奶，油。
- Baby version.I would replace all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour (use a 1:1 ratio) to make them more nutritious. Also, skip the sugar entirely and simply use ripe bananas. Last but not least, I recommend plant-based milk over dairy milk for babies under 1 year old.
- Why we love them?They’re extremely fluffy, which makes them perfectly safe for your little ones to swallow even when they don’t have any teeth.
- Serving suggestion.Cut them into stripes so your baby can hold them and eat by himself.
11. Sugar-Free Almond Butter Banana Muffins
Sugar-Free Almond Butter Banana Muffins.I’m obsessed with these muffins. Skinny, sugar-free yet very nutritious, they come a handy when you’re looking for a little healthy snack. Make some of them into mini muffins and without the chocolate chips to make them baby-friendly.
- What’s in there?Bananas, rolled oats, plain yogurt, almond butter.
- Baby version.跳过迷你巧克力chips, as babies are not supposed to eat chocolate before 1 year old. Replace with blueberries or serve plain.
- Important note:Make sure you do a test with almond butter separately first, to check if your baby has any allergies with nut butter.
- Why we love them?They’re yummy and loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
- Serving suggestion.Make them mini muffins for a baby-version. Lucie loves them!
全麦华夫饼干。They are fluffy, nutritious and count among our favorites for breakfast. But there is more: babies love them too! Get ready for a great family breakfast!
- What’s in there?Whole wheat flour, eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, sugar (skip it).
- Baby version.Skip the sugar entirely, and consider anon-dairy buttermilk versionfor sensitive tummies. Also, unlike the photo above,don’t use any nuts or syrup由于有明显的原因（Chocking Hazards，No-Sugar Rure）提供服务。
- Why we love it?它们蓬松，易于咀嚼。宝宝出牙时完美！
- Serving suggestion.让他们成三角形和为他们服务fresh blueberries and yogurt.
I hope these recipes will have inspired you to cook some delicious meals that are perfect for the entire family, baby included. Note that this is a non-exhaustive list, and you will probably find some other baby-approved recipes while crawling the site. Also, remember that every baby is different, with his very own pace, so if for any reason he’s still not ready to eat one of the recipe listed above, simply postpone it for later. On that note, have fun and enjoy your meal!